COVID 19 Rules
These Rules are in accordance with the Government & Bowls England guidance. Their purpose is to enable all Members to play in as safe an environment as possible. Please ensure that they are observed and respected for the benefit of everyone.
- If you have any COVID19 or cold like symptoms, DO NOT visit the Club.
- Only Full Members that have renewed their Subscription for the current season may play.
- Spectators are allowed but they must be Full Members or Social Members. Spectators must sign-in and sign-out at the entrance using their own pen. Spectators may bring their own chairs but this is not compulsory.
- A maximum of 30 Members are permitted on the Premises at any one time.
- At all times Social Distancing (2 metre rule) must be observed.
- The main Clubhouse Hall and Kitchen are CLOSED, except to the Member responsible for opening the Club (see below) and those Members authorised by the Committee to carry out essential Club maintenance.
- A Designated Member will be responsible for opening the Ladies Changing Room, sanitising the padlock, and leaving it and a list of that day’s Bookings by the Ladies Changing Room.
- The Ladies Changing Room will be open for the use of the Toilets and Hand-washing only. Members are asked not to use these facilities unless absolutely essential, and must observe the Sanitising Instructions posted in the Changing Room.
- Woods, shoes etc must not be left at the Club, and must be taken home after play.
- As a general principle, if you touch anything other than your own personal equipment, it must be sanitised immediately.
- There will be five 90-minute Bowling slots each day. This will allow a changeover between bookings without any crossover of Members. Rinks must be booked in advance using the Booking system that has been set up on “Skedda”. Separate Instructions on accessing this have been sent out. All playing Members must be named on the Booking.
- Bowling slots will commence at 10.30, 12.30, 14.30, 16.30 and 18.30, every day except on Mondays which will commence at 14.30.
- Play will be on Rinks numbered 1,2,3, East/West or 4,5,6 North/South depending on the day of the week. These Rinks will be spread across the Green with a “dead” rink between each one. The usual Daytime/Evening directions will not apply. When the direction of the day is East/west, the 18.30 sessions may play North/South if the setting sun is likely to cause a problem.
- Members should enter the Club no earlier than 10 minutes before their allocated playing time, dressed to play except for change of shoes, and which should be changed outdoors. Subject to locking up, sanitising etc, they should leave immediately after play has finished.
- Play is restricted to:
- Individuals playing on their own on a single rink.
- Up to four individuals on a Rink playing as Singles or Pairs.
- Equipment to be used is strictly limited to Woods, Mats, Jacks, Pushers, Scorecards, Lifters and Personal Measures and Chalk. Other than Woods and Pushers, the equipment for each rink will be kept in Plastic Boxes to also include Sanitiser and wipes. All equipment must be sanitised before and after play.
- At the end of each session, equipment must be sanitised and left out in the boxes, but the side gate must still be padlocked. The exception to this is the final booked session each day, (which may not be the 18.30 session – players should check the Booking List), when all players are responsible for ensuring that all Equipment is sanitised, stored in the boxes and put away in the Ladies Changing Room, doors locked and the side gate padlocked.
- All rubbish, including wipes used whilst playing, must be taken home. There will be no facilities for disposing of rubbish at the Club.
- As far as is practical, each mat should only be handled by one bowler during play; agree responsibility for each mat or use multiple mats and sanitise your hands frequently. The jack should be set using your foot or a lifter. Measuring is allowed but measures must not be shared between bowlers
Version 3.0 - 20 July 2020